Home buyers this Spring are facing a market with limited inventory and stiff competition for homes. This environment creates the potential for buyers to make rushed decisions that they may later regret. The goal of Trulia's survey is to inform current buyers about the most common regrets in hopes that they can be avoided.
Here are the findings from the survey about top 5 homeowner regrets:
- 34% wish they had chosen a larger home
- 27% wish they had done more remodeling on the home that they did
- 22% wish they had more information on the home before they purchased
- 18% wish they had put more money down for the down payment
- 16% wish they were more financially secure before they made their decision
What if any regrets do you have from previous home buying experiences?